Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Saw It, Pinned It, Tried It: The Oil Cleansing Method

I am among the many people who have a Pintrest account and I can easily get lost for a good hour pinning things I find interesting, funny or finding my dream closet or house. Most of Pintrest is more of a wishlist, but there are a few good gems that I stumble upon that actually peak my interest enough to try. 

I've decided once a week I'm going to use this blog as my excuse to get my hands dirty, try the weird and hopefully make something that is as delicious as its claims. Keep your eyes out for my series of posts Ill be calling 'Saw It, Pinned It, Tried It'.


So, that leads me to my first one, the Oil Cleanse Method!




When I first saw the pin, I first though about those weirdo food natural laxative cleanses that "purifies your body". I have never understood why the heck people would want to do that to themselves, but then I read the description which is what peaked my curiosity. 

Your first question I'm sure is, "WHY would you want to wash your face with oil?" In a nut shell, the Oil Cleanse Method is using a combination of specific oils as your 'face wash'. When these oils are massaged into your skin, they are breaking down any dirt in your pores without stripping your skin of its natural oils. 


Here is how you do it. 

1. Find your blend. 

Oily Skin: Try a blend of 30% Castor Oil to 70% Sunflower Seed Oil.
Balanced Skin: Try a blend of 20% Castor Oil to 80% Sunflower Seed Oil.
Dry Skin: Try a blend of 10% Castor Oil to 90% Sunflower Seed Oil.
*I used Extra Virgin Olive Oil in replacement of Sunflower Seed Oil. You can use either.* 

2. You'll need two soft washcloths, your oil blend, and hot, running water.

3. Pour a generous puddle of oil into the palm of your hand. Roughly, the size of a quarter and begin to massage your face. There is no need to use any make up removers because the oils remove everything!

4. After massaging the oils into your skin for a few minutes, take both washcloths and soak them in steamy hot water. If the water is too hot on your hands, it is too hot for your face. 

5. Put the first washcloth over your face and layer the second one over the first. Stay like this for a minute and let the cloths cool down. Gently wipe the oils off your face using the first cloth. 

6. Repeat the step a few more times but switch the cloth so you have a clean cloth touching your face.


Why I love it

Its cheap
Its incredibly moisturizing
Its natural
It gives me the cleanest pores, EVER!


I think I can confidently say this is a successful Pin and I will probably always wash my face like this from now on. I hope you ALL give it a try because Im sure you will be converted if you do. 


*Just a tip or two. But a plastic bottle for the oil in the travel section at the grocery store. Only cleanse your face at night. If your face feels slightly dry afterwards use a small amount of moisturizer on your skin. I use Emu Oil as moisturizer instead of lotion. 


No comments:

Post a Comment