Monday, February 11, 2013

The Neti Pot

Its been a few days since I've posted anything, mainly due to the fact that I have the plague. Im currently sitting in a sea of used tissues and cough drop wrappers. This weekend Nathan and I went and picked up all our new furniture from Ikea and I barely got through all the set up. I wanted to take a nap so badly when we got home but our bed was leaning up against the wall because we purchased a new frame. So before I could get under the covers and sleep I was on my knees assembling the bed with Nathan. 

I thought I was feeling good enough to go eat some dinner so I got dressed and we headed down to this sports bar we like called Main Event. Of course I forgot to bring tissues with me so I asked for some extra napkins and the bar tender came out with a box of Kleenex and a cup for me to put the used ones into. I was slightly embarrassed because I had the box sitting in front of me for everyone to see but at the same time I didn't care because I was so thankful for something soft to wipe my nose on. 

We had plans on watching The Walking Dead at a local theater after dinner. I quickly realized after almost dying on a piece of a toffee peanut that I should be at home in bed. Nathan stayed and watched the show and I walked home and was so happy to be in my new bed filling myself full of medicine to try and feel better. 

One of the things that I haven't been able to survive without every time I get sick is a Neti Pot. This thing works miracles in the nasal department. It was really weird to use at first and it took me a few times to not choke on the water but now I try to use it on a fairly regular basis and at least twice a day when I get sick. Back in October I got a terrible sinus infection while I was on a business trip. I didn't have my Neti Pot with me and was miserable the whole time on my trip. When I got home I used the Neti Pot and my sinus infection was gone in a matter of a few days. 

Here is a cheesy video of how to use it. Next time you go to the store pick one up and keep it in your medicine cabinet or start using it on a regular basis. I highly recommend it!





There is some controversy out there about the Neti Pot. I suggest you use filtered water or bottled water with the Neti Pot because tap water could potentially have bacteria or pathogens which you would then be putting directly into your nasal passage. Other than that, its a life saver!!

1 comment:

  1. It is such a strange feeling but I LOVE my neti pot!

    ReplyDelete