Monday, February 4, 2013

Tuna Salad Deliciousness


I cant even believe I am saying this, but, Im starting to like fish. 

I have always hated fish and anything that came out of the ocean. When I started loosing weight I really challenged myself to try new things and fish became one of them because I started trying sushi. Sometimes I couldn't handle sushi and other times Id crave it. Now, I crave it no matter what. I'm not really sure what changed but now I'm even eating fish that isn't on or in sushi. I'm sure my Mom is completely shocked, right Mom?

Nathan has always love tuna salad sandwiches because they were a staple in his house when he was growing up. One day he was making one and I was hungry so I said if he made it Id try it. And you know what? I loved it. I decided to search for a recipe and put my own spin on it because Nathans was a little too bland.

I found this recipe on All Recipes.com and I tweaked it just a bit. 



2 five ounce cans of white albacore tuna
7 Tbsp real mayonnaise
1-1/2 Tbsp powered Parmesan
4 Tbsp sweet relish or 3 Tbsp of dill relish (I personally prefer the dill because it has a little more flavor)
1/8 tsp dry minced onion
1/8 tsp curry powder
1 Tbsp dried parsley
1 tsp dill weed
1 pinch of garlic
1/2 tsp lemon juice
A few twists of Trader Joes Everyday Seasoning
salt and pepper to taste
Romaine or Ice Berg lettuce
Mustard
Cheese of choice
Bread of choice



Love that Daves Killer Bread came out with a "Light" version!

Yum yum!


You basically put everything into a bowl, mix it all together, lightly toast your bread, put a little more mayonnaise on the bread with your cheese, lettuce and mustard. It seems like a lot of seasoning, but I've noticed if you don't season it well the bread takes over all the flavor. I think some may like a tomato on it but I personally don't like tomatoes.


Try it and put your own personal spin on it!


1 comment:

  1. That looks very yummy!!!! I don't have time to make one that delicious - I open the can, put some mayo in it and slap it on some bread hoping to finish it before someone cries.

    ReplyDelete