Monday, March 4, 2013

5 Products That I Love and You Will Too


In my post yesterday I mentioned I was going to do a post about some of my personal favorite products that I use. I was going to do a video, but I decided to do a good old fashioned post because I thought you'd get the best provision of information this way.

I really like trying new products, which is why I love the Birchbox so much, but I also have my products that I hands down love. Most of these are products that I stumbled upon myself  and have used for years.


Olay Wet Cleansing Cloths - Sensitive


I've used these cleansing cloths for at least a year and I really love them for those nights that I'm too lazy to break out the face wash. They are great makeup removers and unlike some of the other cloths I've used, they don't dry out your skin. There are some lightweight moisturizers and Vitamin E formulated into the cloth, but I usually splash my face with a little water after using so I can apply my normal face moisturizer. 



Aveda Pure Abundance Style Prep 


If you have fine hair stop everything you are doing this very second and go buy this product. I'm serious! I was informed of this product when I got my hair cut last December by a friend going to the Aveda hair school. I have very fine hair and I struggle with volume products because they can sometimes leave too much coarse texture in my hair which makes it hard to style. This product is one of the best volume products I have used thus far. Its a liquid spray verses a cream and you spray it all over your hair. I try to concentrate the spray around my roots. I then blow dry my hair and I not only have volume but its shiny and smooth as well. This volume is also an all day keeper. The volume I have after blow drying my hair is what Ill have until I wash it. If you have fine hair then you definitely need to try this one!



Mr. Pumice 


I discovered this product when I was in college, probably about 7 years ago. In those 7 years I've honestly only had to purchase a total of two of these because they last so long. I'm pretty anal about my feet and dry skin on my feet is one of the worst things in the world to me. I probably use this once a week in the shower and I just scrub my heels and it leaves them soft and smooth by removing any dry skin. If you suffer from dry heels this product will be a life changer. You can find it at a Sally's Beauty Supply or probably your local Walgreen's  Any other pumice stone is a waste of time and money and wont work nearly as good as Mr. Pumice.


MAC "Chilled On Ice" Painters Pot


I've had this Mac Painters Pot now for about two years and I have yet to even use half of it. This product is great for more of a nude look or if you don't want to wear a lot of makeup but want a little something on. It leaves a light shimmer on your eyes and you can wear it alone, or layer other eye shadows. It just adds a little more subtle sparkle and works as a great primer to hold your shadows in place. 


OPI Nail Polish

Left to right: Big Apple Red, My Chihuahua Bites, Hot & Spicy

If you are obsessed with nail polish like I am, you will probably favor OPI over most other nail polish brands out there. I think they have one of the best textures, most chip resistant, best wear and a great selection of colors. Above are a couple of my favorite colors. I'm not huge into sparkles or funky colors but they have a great range of warmer light to dark tones. I've found the best selection on colors at an ULTA beauty supply.


Those are some of my personal favorites. What are some of yours?



1 comment:

  1. i need to try those cleaning clothes! and love those nail polish colors!

    ReplyDelete